How You Can Volunteer?
ADD YOUR NAME TO OUR VOLUNTEER LIST:
2. Attend the next Volunteer Orientation Class. This class lasts approximately 90 minutes and is a one-time requirement. Once we receive your application form, we will be in contact with you and pass along the upcoming class schedule.
3. Complete the Request for Live Scan Service Form and get your fingerprints scanned for a Department of Justice background check. This check is for felony convictions only and is confidential.
- Take your filled-out form to the UPS Store at 1040 Lincoln Rd., Ste # A, Yuba City. They do fingerprinting Monday–Friday 9 am to 7 pm, and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm. The Live Scan fee is $25. Tell them you are from REST/Hands of Hope and they will give you a $ 5.00 discount.
- You will be given two photocopies of your form. Keep one of the copies for yourself. The other copy needs to be returned or mailed to REST. This needs to be done ASAP as it can take up to 4 weeks for clearance.
Volunteers form the life blood of REST. Without the over 150 individuals that invest their time and provide financial support, REST would not exist. Volunteers serve as:
- Intake staff who interview and sign in guests each evening;
- Drivers moving guests each evening from the Hands of Hope entry point to the hosting church shelter and back in the morning;
- Transition staff who accompany guests during the evening at the shelter;
- Morning portal staff who prepare cold breakfasts and provide shower opportunities.
Obviously, this is a marvelous team effort with all doing their part to ensure that our guests are afforded the basic accommodations that many of us take for granted.
Volunteer Appreciation Dinner
Volunteer Openings – Approximate Times
1. Morning Portal: 6:15 AM to 8:00 AM. Contact Joe Saavedra. 2. Evening Intake Portal: 5:00 PM to 6:45 PM. Contact Val Loewen. 3. Transition Supervisor: 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Contact Tamie Russ.
4. Drivers: AM Shift: 6:00 AM to 7:15 AM / PM Shift: 5:45 PM to 7:15 PM. Contact Rich Williams.
(Current Drivers License number and Live Scan is required.)
Questions? Contact Tamie Russ (Volunteer Coordinator)